MB ChB, MD, FRCP
I am a Consultant Gastroenterologist and Honorary Senior Lecturer at the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh. I was previously Consultant Gastroenterologist at St Mark's Hospital, Harrow for 10 years until relocating to Edinburgh. I qualified MB ChB from Edinburgh University in 1992 with postgraduate training in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Manchester and London.
I achieved MRCP in 1996, was awarded an MD in 2004 for studies of the neurophysiologic control of swallowing and became FRCP in 2009. I undertook the first advanced endoscopy fellowship at The Wolfson Unit for Endoscopy at St Mark's Hospital in 2003. While at St Mark's, I was a nationally accredited NHS bowel cancer screening specialist in colonoscopy.
I work in Spire Shawfair Park's endoscopy suite which holds JAG accreditation.
Some of the principal treatments carried out by Dr Chris Fraser at Spire include:
British Medical Association
British Society of Gastroenterology
Royal College of Physicians (London)
Dr Fraser's academic interests include:
1. Minimally invasive endoscopy
2. Advanced and therapeutic small bowel endoscopy techniques
3. Novel endoscopic resection techniques and endosurgical therapies
4. Endoscopic resection techniques
5. Laparo-endoscopic (“hybrid”) procedures
6. Endoscopic anti-reflux and weight loss therapy
7. Improving colonoscopy insertion techniques
Consultant Gastroenterologist and Honorary Senior Lecturer, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh.