Eat and think smart to lose a few pounds following your holiday!
12 September 2018
We caught up with consultant dietitian. Dr Pender to find out what his top tips are for returning to normal eating after an over indulgent holiday.
- Restock your fridge and cupboards with the good stuff including lean proteins, low fat dairy, fruit and vegetables.
- Eat regularly again, as holiday eating tends to be erratic as a result of more relaxed and unfamiliar eating.
- Get back to usual portion sizes, these may have been large as a result of half or full board packages or all-you-can-eat dining.
- Start a juicing campaign - have one every day to replace breakfast (imagine this is a cocktail). Keep up with your clear fluids - aim for at least 2 litres each day, as your fluid balance on holiday is usually way off the mark.
- Make activity fun - get back to regular exercise: Zumba, Clubbercize classes (holiday expenditure is likely to have been less than usual).
- Get plenty of sleep and routine - lack of sleep activates the hunger hormones.