05 November 2018
Our Cardiac Support Group is an informal environment where recent and former heart patients meet for a regular programme of presentations by:
- Cardiac specialists
- Cardiac physiologists
- Other practitioners
You will find that many who have attended over the years are keen to endorse the benefits they gain from:
- Better understanding about the procedures involved and the principles of aftercare
- Being able to ask questions in an informal setting
- Simply being able to talk about issues with others who have experienced similar concerns
You, your partner and other loved ones are all always welcome to join the Spire St Anthony’s Cardiac Support Group meetings.
All meetings are held on a Monday evening, starting at 7.30pm in The Restaurant at Spire St Anthony's Hospital.
Forthcoming 2018 group meetings:
- 5 November: Myriame Lawley, ITU Lead at Spire St Anthony's Hospital will be speaking on Bystander CPR (interactive)
- 3 December: Christmas Quiz Wine and Mince Pies with Michele Millard, Matron at Spire St Anthony's Hospital
For further details, please contact ITU on 020 8337 6691 ext. 2061
Previous 2018 talks
- Donna Moxey, physiotherapist at Spire St Anthony's Hospital spoke on 'Falls in Cardiac Patients'
- Mr Ibrahim, Cardiac Resident Medical Officer at Spire St Anthony's Hospital spoke on 'Vein Harvesting for Bypass Surgery'
- Dr Bending, Renal Physician at Spire St Anthony's Hospital spoke on 'Hypertension and Renal Disease'
- Dr Mohamed Zayd, Intensive Care Unit Resident Medical Officer spoke on 'Antibiotic Resistance'
- Ateyeh Hassanzadeh, Pain Specialist Nurse spoke on 'Pain – Acute and Chronic Following Surgery'
- Geraint Evans, MRI Manager at Spire St Anthony's Hospital spoke on MRI Imaging
- Dr Michael Bending, Consultant in General Medicine at Spire St Anthony's Hospital spoke on The Benefits of Health Screening