04 December 2017
Our Cardiac Support Group is an informal environment where recent and former heart patients meet for a regular programme of presentations by:
- cardiac specialists
- cardiac physiologists
- other practitioners.
You will find that many who have attended over the years are keen to endorse the benefits they gain from:
- better understanding about the procedures involved and the principles of aftercare
- being able to ask questions in an informal setting
- simply being able to talk about issues with others who have experienced similar concerns.
You, your partner and other loved ones are all always welcome to join the Spire St Anthony’s Cardiac Support Group meetings.
All meetings are held on a Monday evening, starting at 7.30pm, in St Bede's Conference Centre situated in the hospital grounds.
Upcoming 2017 meeting dates
- 4 December - Eileen Reynolds and her dog Icarus will be attending from Canine Partners - 'Life with a Companion Dog from Canine Partners'
- Mike McQueen, Head of Pathology at Spire St Anthony's Hospital spoke on 'Lipids and Cardiovascular Diseases'
- Colette O'Grady, Head of Inpatient Physiotherapy at Spire St Anthony's Hospital
- Mr Clement Agyin, Resident Cardiac Surgeon spoke on 'Having Cardiac Surgery'
- Frances Sudera, Head of Pharmacy at Spire St Anthony's Hospital spoke on 'Cardiac Drugs and Holiday Medications'
- Myriam Lawley, Sister in Charge of ITU at Spire St Anthony's Hospital spoke on 'Bystander Resuscitation- A Hands on Approach'
- Anthony McKay, Resuscitation Officer at Spire St Anthony's spoke on 'Organ Donation'
- Amanda Simpson, Perfusion Technologist and Sister Debbie Calver Infection Nurse specialist spoke on 'Cardiopulmonary Bypass during Cardiac Surgery'
- Michelle Alwar, ITU Sister at Spire St Anthony's spoke on 'Recognising and Treating Sepsis'
- Bryan Harty, Hospital Director spoke on 'My vision for Spire St Anthony's Hospital and the Cardiac Support Group'
For details of upcoming speakers, please contact St George's Ward on 020 8335 4659.