19 June 2014
We won because of our strong performance during 2013 and highlights from the year included:
- Investing £13m in a new cancer centre in Bristol
- Spire's Perform site at St George's Park formed a new partnership with Michael Johnson Performance
- Continued investment in Hospitals including new scanners and a cardiac catheterisation lab at Spire Cardiff Hospital
- Maintaining our high patient and consultant satisfaction scores
- Having exemplary clinical outcomes. In 2013, there were no cases of MRSA bacteraemia reported across our hospitals and according to data from the Department of Health three Spire hospitals ranked in the top 25 providers for hip replacement, with four also ranked in the top 10 for knee replacement.
We were delighted to win the award and are pleased the judges at HealthInvestor recognised the investments made in the company and the hard work and dedication everyone at Spire gives to providing high quality patient care.