12 February 2020
Now more than ever we understand the importance of looking after our mental health as well as our physical health.
At Spire Portsmouth Hospital we have two highly experienced mental health professionals who can diagnosis and treat a range of common mental health problems.
Dr Diana Coffey, Consultant Psychiatrist MRCPsych
I am a Consultant Psychiatrist with a wide range of experience in adult and old age psychiatry.
I have a particular interest in combining my skills as a doctor with psychotherapy and management of physical health problems. My other area of interest is the assessment and management of memory problems, menopausal problems, mild cognitive disorder and dementia.
I diagnose and treat patients with common mental health problems, including:
- Dementia and memory problems
- Bipolar affective disorder
- Personality disorders
- Mood disorders (including menopausal mood problems)
- Posttraumatic stress disorder
- Mild cognitive disorder
My services include:
- Memory tests
- Specialist Psychiatric consultations
- Issuing private prescriptions
- Referral for further investigations (CT or MRI brain scans, and blood tests)
- Referral to other specialists
- Follow-up with full treatment plan and recommendations
- Capacity assessments for legal documents including Court of Protection forms (COP3)
Mrs Barbara Hart BACP Senior Accredited Psychotherapist
I offer one to one Counselling and Psychotherapy for adults with mild, moderate and severe psychological difficulties. This includes short term solution focused therapy and medium to long term therapy.
My areas of specialism include working with weight management and those affected by eating disorders, binge-Eating, comfort-eating, over-eating and compulsive eating.
I treat conditions such as:
- Anger management
- Stress management
- Work and relationship difficulties
- Weight issues (including weight management, body dissatisfaction and body distortion)
- Problematic eating (including comfort, compulsive and binge-eating
- Eating disorders (including Binge-eating disorder, Bulimia Nervosa* and Anorexia Nervosa*) *in conjunction with an appropriate Consultant
I offer Person-Centred Therapies including:
- Relaxation techniques
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- Mindfulness-based approaches including
- Mindful self-compassion
- Mindful eating training