As we get older, our faces show the effects of time. Whether it is from simply laughing and frowning, or smoking and sun damage, our faces are prone to fine lines and wrinkles. Anti-wrinkle treatments aim to smooth out these facial wrinkles, helping to turn back the clock a few years.
They are popular choice for those who want to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The benefits some of our patients have said they experience are:
- a reduction of the visible effects of ageing
- feeling as though you look younger, or closer to your actual age
- an overall improved appearance
- greater self-esteem and self-confidence.
If you’re considering this type of treatment it’s important to have it done by a qualified medical practitioner. Beauty salons offer anti-wrinkle injections and you can even buy the products online and try to administer them yourself, but this is not to be recommended. At Spire you will be treated by one of our cosmetic specialists.
The two most common types of treatment are muscle relaxants and dermal fillers:
- Muscle relaxants – These injections use the botulinum toxin (Botox) to block the nerve impulses that cause muscle contraction, leading to smoother looking skin.
- Dermal fillers - such as Juvéderm® and Restylane®, are made from hyaluronic acid and are used to plump out wrinkles.
Both types of anti-wrinkle injections take about 15 minutes to administer, but this can vary depending on the number of wrinkles treated.
We pride ourselves on our clinical excellence, you'll be looked after by an experienced multi-disciplinary care team.