What is Spire self-pay?
If you choose to pay for your own treatment, Spire self-pay means that if you are given a fixed price you are in control of the cost.
Your fixed price will cover everything you need relating to your treatment
We understand you may not have paid for private healthcare before and so we would like to explain what self-pay and our fixed pricing means.
When you come to us you’ll have an initial consultation with your chosen consultant to discuss your condition. This may be followed with diagnostic tests or scans. Initial consultations and initial tests (if required) are charged separately. Once the consultant has discussed the treatment you require, you will be given a fixed price, this will cover all costs relating to this treatment from this point on.Your price is made up of your surgeon’s fee, anaesthetist fees, hospital fees (nursing, accommodation, food etc.) and the price of any necessary prosthesis from our standard range. Your hospital fees cover everything you need for as long as you need to stay in hospital, so you don’t get any unexpected bills if for clinical reasons you need to stay for longer than planned.
If a prosthesis is needed the majority of people are advised by their consultant that a standard prosthesis will be suitable. However, a small number of people are advised that for medical reasons a specialist prosthesis will be used. In these instances a fixed price will still be given to you, but it may vary from the prices you see quoted on this site.
Once you have left hospital, your fixed price covers one follow up consultation (if you need it), and all standard post-operative care including take home drugs, the removal of stiches, dressing changes and all physiotherapy that your consultant advises you need. For additional peace of mind, should there be a clinical need for you to return to hospital you will not receive an additional bill.
For full details about what is included in Spire fixed price treatment, please read our patient terms and conditions.
Why choose Spire Healthcare?
- Interest free finance – 0% representative APR available
- Fast access to treatment
- Fixed prices
- Matron-led care
- Ability to make your own choices about all aspects of your care
- You will always be treated by a consultant
- A clean and safe environment
- Nurses who have time that is dedicated to supporting you
- Excellent clinical outcomes
- Low infection rates
- Private en-suite facilities
- Hotel services including on-site chef
- Hospitals local to home
- Long visiting hours
- Free parking
- Dedicated hospital cleaners
- Investment into some of the best people and medical facilities
- A welcoming and friendly environment
- Option to book personal care in your own home with Saga Healthcare following your discharge from hospital