Need a speedy diagnosis of a sports related injury?
Fast assessment, rapid access to diagnostic facilities and further treatment if necessary
Essex's Spire Wellesley Hospital in Southend on Sea offers speedy diagnosis and assessments of sports-related injuries through its consultant-led daily sports injury clinics.
Sports injuries vary from sport to sport and can include contact injuries, traumas that affect the bone and soft tissue injuries. Our sports injury clinic offers high standards of care, which is reflected in the treatment provided by our specialist orthopaedic surgeons and physiotherapists.
We provide a highly specialised service to individuals at all levels of recreational and professional sports and regularly treat athletes of all abilities and are experienced in treating injuries from a variety of disciplines such as athletics, cycling, football, rugby, skiing, golf and racquet sports.
Our clinic provides:
- expert assessment from a consultant with specialist interest in sports injuries or sports medicine
- diagnosis and treatment
- rapid access to physiotherapy, X-ray or MRI and CT scanning services
- analysis of recurring injuries
- practical advice on the continuation of training or rest periods required
- no waiting lists
- flexible appointment times
- requires no GP referral (for self-funding patients)
- treatment which is available to everyone, with or without private medical insurance
Our aim is to return you to normal fitness as quickly as possible by providing a recovery programme tailored to your individual needs. Accurate diagnosis and application of the correct treatment can reduce rehabilitation time, speed the process of recovery and subsequently aid the early return to sports and training regimes.
Conditions treated include:
- muscle strains and tears
- repetitive strain injuries
- tendon pain
- fractures (via our minor injuries clinic)
- joint conditions
- back, shoulder or knee injuries
- ankle, leg or wrist injuries
The sports injury clinic is open to all, not just those with private medical insurance. If you are not insured please call out Treatment Enquiry Advisers on 01702 447 926 and we will be pleased to advise you on the cost of your treatment and arrange a suitable appointment.
For more information on the Sports Injury Clinic at Spire Wellesley Hospital please call us on 01702 447 926 or complete the enquiry form on the right hand side of this page.