Spire Manchester Hospital's physiotherapy department is able to offer flexible appointment times to fit around your schedule. With no waiting lists and treatment specifically tailored to your needs, we aim to help you resume your usual activities as quickly and safely as possible. For more information about our physiotherapy department, please visit our physiotherapy page.
Our highly qualified physiotherapists are all state registered and chartered. They offer a wealth of clinical experience and expertise in a range of specialist areas. Our team work closely with our consultants particularly before and after surgery to deliver our unique enhanced recovery programme.
As a Spire Perform site we have equipment and specialists who provide treatment to elite athletes and these are accessible to all patients.
The team work with our sports physicians and orthopaedic surgeons to provide both post-operative physiotherapy services for our patients who have had procedures and sports specific physiotherapy services to athletes and sports players.
At Spire Healthcare hospitals our physiotherapy patients have their musculo-skeletal conditions treated using the latest physio techniques and equipment. Our physiotherapists utilise up to date research to ensure best clinical practice and work in close liaison with consultants and GPs. This ensures that patients receive a highly focused course of treatment to suit their individual needs.
We aim to provide the best treatment and advice in order to help return you to normal fitness as soon as possible. The earlier you request an assessment for an injury or musculo-skeletal problem and receive appropriate treatment, the faster we will be able to help you resume your daily activities and sports.
Do I require a referral letter from my GP?
- For self-funding patients no referral letter is necessary
- Insured Patients do require a referral letter to be provided by your GP or consultant prior to your appointment being made
What happens at a physiotherapy appointment?
- A detailed history will be taken, followed by a thorough assessment of your condition
- You will receive expert advice and treatment and we will provide you with a personal recovery programme tailored to your needs
- With your permission our physiotherapists will liaise with your GP and provide a detailed discharge summary at the end of your treatment
- Our physiotherapists can also refer you to a consultant who can arrange diagnostic tests if necessary including X-ray, CT and MRI scanning.
To make a physiotherapy appointment simply call your local Spire hospital or complete the form on the right-hand side of this page.