Susannah Darby, a specialist NCT trained antenatal teacher will facilitate classes which inform and support parents-to-be in making choices about labour, birth and early parenting issues. The teacher will help to equip you with physical skills and strategies for labour and birth, alongside practical skills for early parenting. The classes will involve small group sizes for enhanced learning and interaction.
Becoming a parent is a life changing experience
The following will be explored to assist informed decision-making:
- Stages of labour
- Physical skills including: positioning, breathing techniques, massage and relaxation
- Birth environment and the effect of hormones
- Pain relief and monitoring
- Choices regarding interventions: assisted delivery, caesarean sections, induction
- Postnatal mental and physical health, including pelvic floor and exercise
- Postnatal skills in the early hours, days and weeks including: bathing, nappies, sleeping, crying baby, illness/wellness, time management
For your convienience the course of seven classes will be held in the physiotherapy department on a Saturday morning for two hours from 11am - 1pm.
The course of seven classes will cost £125.00
For further information or to book a place on the course please call 0121 580 7131 or fill in our online enquiry form.
To find out more about Susannah Darby please read her full profile