Spire Cardiff Hospital offers specialist diagnostic and advisory services to patients and families with wide range of common and rare genetic disorders. The genetic clinic offers the opportunity to consult with one of South Wales’s leading medical genetic consultants, Professor Dhavendra Kumar.
Prof Kumar Specialises in the following:
- Inherited or familiar cancers (for example-Breast/Ovarian; Bowel and others)
- Inherited or familiar neurological disorders (for example- Muscular dystrophies; Alzheimer’s dementia; Motor neurone disease; Huntington’s disease)
- Paediatric genetic disorders (for example cystic fibrosis, metabolic diseases, autism etc.)
- Birth defects and multiple malformation syndromes
- Genetic or genomic testing- diagnostic and predictive/pre-symptomatic
- Inherited cardiovascular conditions (for example Long QT syndrome; Familial cardiomyopathy, Marfan syndrome and sudden cardiac death etc.)
- Inherited metabolic disorders (for example familial hypercholesterolemia and others)
- Genetic counselling on wide ranging genetic disorders and reproductive decision making, for example prenatal diagnosis, pre-implantation genetic diagnosis
- Personalised medical risk review and advice based on genetic/genomic information
- Expert Medico-legal review related to birth defects, genetic conditions and identity disputes
We understand that seeking advice on genetic conditions can be a challenging and distressing time, that’s why during your consultation Prof Kumar will fully review your specific circumstances and options to ensure you are able to make informed and correct decision for you that might have long term implications on you and your close relatives and probably in the extended family.
To make an appointment with Prof Kumar please contact the outpatient booking team on 02920 736011 or for more information visit Prof Kumars website at http://www.genomicmedicine.org/
Our Customer service team are available on 029 2054 2509