I am a consultant cardiologist, working at the north wales cardiac centre. I specialise in Interventional cardiology. My special interests in addition to percutaneous coronary Intervention (angioplasty) are hypertension, atrial fibrillation, anti-platelet therapies.
I am a firm believer in right treatment, promptly, every time. Following my graduation and general medical training I undertook a period of research in Cardiovascular medicine in Birmingham towards a doctor of medicine (md) degree. I undertook my cardiology training in Mersey deanery and specialist training in interventional
Cardiology at Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital.
I joined the North Wales cardiac centre at Glan Clwyd Hospital in 2014 as a consultant in interventional cardiology.
I have published articles and presented in national and international conferences on topics related to hypertension and coronary intervention. I am also the principal investigator of clinical trials in cardiology.
• Assessment and management of chest pain, breathlessness, palpitations and dizziness
• Cardiac risk evaluation and modification
• Coronary Angiography and Angioplasty
• Angina and myocardial infarction
• Arrhythmias e.g. atrial fibrillation and flutter
• Hypertrophic and dilated cardiomyopathy
• Valvular heart disease
• Hypertension (high blood pressure)
• Heart Failure