About Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT)
ESWT is an exciting new non-invasive procedure carried out in our out-patients department.
No anaesthetic, medication or surgery is required. Once you have been referred by your GP, treatment can start almost immediately after assessment by the consultant.
New non-invasive procedure carried out in our out-patients department. Call 01978 262 462 for information
The sound waves promoted during the treatment stimulate healing for many physical disorders including plantar fasciitis and achilles tendonitis. ESWT has been reviewed by NICE and its introduction at Spire Yale Hospital and at Spire Abergele has been approved by our Medical Advisory Committee.
If you have private medical insurance, speak to your insurance company, as many treatments are covered by your insurance. If you wish to pay for your own treatment we have fixed prices for a single treatment or a package of 3 treatments.
Please contact us for infomration on prices on 01978 262 462.
At Spire Yale Hospital in Wales and Spire Abergele Consulting Rooms we use the Swiss Dolorclast ESWT machine.
What’s the advantage?
- No anaesthesia
- Non invasive
- No medication
- No surgery
- Fast treatment – 30 minutes per session, 3-4 sessions required
- Fewer complications
- Virtually painless after treatment
- Quick recovery and quick results
How does it work?
- A shockwave is generated in the hand piece
- The shockwave is delivered to the tissue via a compressed air impulse exerted by the hand piece
- The shockwave radiates out, extending to the entire area where pain occurs
- Usually no more than 3-4 sessions are needed
- Per session: approximately 2000 impulses at 2.5 bars and 4000 impulses for trigger point treatment
- No anaesthetic is required
- No surgery or other therapy is required and treatment can usually start straight away.