If you are told that you need to come into the Spire Wellesley Hospital for a procedure or operation, we aim to make the process as easy and as informative as we can for you.
Admission and discharge
Depending on what procedure you need, we will post you relevant information detailing, amongst others, the following:
- what to bring with you
- when to check in for admission
- how to pay or cover your treatment
- what to expect from a general anaesthetic (if relevant).
Please note that if you are having a procedure which requires you to undergo a general anaesthetic or sedation, you are advised:
- not to drive or operate any machinery for at least 24 hours following the anesthetic or sedation
- to ensure that someone accompanies you for a 24 hour period following anaesthetic.
Information on payment methods for those patients choosing to pay for their own treatment, or for ensuring you have authorisation from your insurance company if you are medically insured, will be sent to you prior to your admission.
Please note that if you are staying in hospital overnight you should arrange to be collected before 10am on the day of discharge.