Mr Sim has had extensive training in ophthalmology at the Queens Medical Centre in Nottingham, St Paul's Eye Unit in Liverpool and at the Birmingham Midland Eye Centre to specialist level.
He undertook further training in medical retina in London at Hillingdon Hospital and Western Eye Hospital, Imperial Healthcare NHS Trust. He lectures and presents regularly at local, national and international meetings with publications in major peer-reviewed journals. He holds fellowship and membership of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons and American Academy of Ophthalmology.
Mr Kuan Sim is the clinical lead for Buckinghamshire Diabetic Retinopathy Screening Serivce and has special interests including:
1. Macular degeneration (especially Lucentis and photodynamic therapy)
2. Diabetic eye disease (laser surgery as well as new Avastin injection)
3. Retinal vascular disease (including new Avastin and Macugen treatment)
4. Small Incision Cataract surgery (including accommodative, toric lens implant and IOL-Vip)
5. Glaucoma (including Argon,YAG and Cyclodiode laser treatment)
6. Inflammatory eye disease (both anterior and posterior segment).