Dr Al-Obaidi completed his undergraduate training in Baghdad, Iraq in 1989 with a high distinction award. He then completed his general professional training in London Charing Cross Hospital in 1996 following which he joined the National Heart and Lung Institute at the Royal Brompton Hospital as a Research fellow.
Dr Al-Obaidi was awarded a doctorate degree in Medicine (MD) from the University of London in 2000. His Specialist training was at the North West London specialist training programme in Cardiology which he completed at Harefield Hospital in 2006.
Dr Al-Obaidi's specialist interests include:
- Invasive and Interventional Cardiology including coronary angioplasty
- Cardiac pacing including complex cardiac device implantation (Cardiac Defibrillatorsand Biventricular pace makers)
- Coronary artery disease (Angina, heart attacks)
- Heart failure
- Valvular heart disease
- Transthoracic Echocardiography and Transoesophageal Echocardiography
- Management of heart rhythm disorders (Palpitations, Bradycardia/tachycardia/atrial fibrillation)
- Cardiovascular risk management including lipid management
Dr Al-Obaidi is married with two children