Mr James is concerned with treating patients hearing, tinnitus, balance, and related disorders.
Mr James provides a complete audiology service for adults and children aged 5 years and above. All hearing tests are conducted within a sound proof booth ensuring that all external noises are screened out. Mr James works closely with GP’s and ear, nose and throat (ENT) Surgeons.
Conditions audiologists assess and treat
• hearing assessments in children and adults including:
- audiometry - test of full hearing function including volume and pitch and distinguishing speech from background noise
- tympanometry - an examination used to test the condition of the inner ear
• tinnitus, or the perception of sound such as ringing in the inner ear not caused by external noise
• hearing aid provision and fitting
• hearing aid reprogramming
• tinnitus masker provision and fitting
• pre-surgery assessment
• air and bone conduction
• custom made ear plugs for swimming and hearing protection
• medico-legal audiology