If you’ve been diagnosed with plantar fasciitis (pain in the heel and sole of the foot) or have been suffering from on-going pain heel pain and would like to get a full diagnosis and treatment by a consultant specialist foot and ankle surgeon, Spire Roding Hospital’s new dedicated clinic can help.
Innovative, non-invasive treatment for patients who have been suffering long-term pain
Many people suffer from long term heel pain, or 'plantar fasciitis', for more than 6 months before seeking advice and treatment. However, if diagnosed early, this common condition can be diagnosed and treated very quickly through revolutionary, new non-invasive techniques.
In addition to the diagnosing of all foot conditions, this clinic offers treatment to patients who have just been diagnosed with plantar fasciitis, and also those who have suffered with this condition long term and for whom other pain relieving methods haven’t worked.
In our Heel pain clinic, our consultants treat patients using Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (eSWT), which is a new non-invasive treatment with a short procedure time. The main advantages of this treatment are:
- no anaesthesia
- non invasive
- no medication
- no surgery
- fast treatment – 30 minutes per session, 3-4 sessions required
- fewer complications
- virtually painless after treatment
- quick recovery and quick results
- available to patients over 18 years of age
eSWT works mainly by:
- a shockwave generated through the hand piece, and delivered to the tissue via a compressed air impulse
- the shockwave radiates out, extending to the entire area where pain occurs
- at each session, approx 2000 impulses at 2.5 bars and 4000 impulses for trigger point treatment
Whatever the type of foot condition or treatment, you can feel safe in the knowledge that any treatment you might need will be available to you in a clean and safe private hospital environment. In addition to your own consultant, a specialist team including physiotherapists and specialist orthopaedic nurses are available to support and guide you through the entire process at a time that suits you.