A one-stop head and neck clinic is now available at Spire Roding Hospital, Essex, for a fast-track referral, diagnosis and treatment of patients with lumps and bumps in the head and neck area.
The appearance of such lumps can be worrying and while the majority are diagnosed as benign, some may be cancerous or tuberculous (relating to or caused by tuberculosis).
Our specialist team can rapidly assess and diagnose lumps, bumps, signs and symptoms of the head and neck area
The Spire Roding Hospital one-stop head and neck clinic is based on an existing, successful service at St Bartholomew’s Hospital, London, which was the first of its kind in the country. Leading our specialist team is Mr Mike Dilkes, Consultant Head and Neck Surgeon, Dr Curtis Offiah, Consultant Head and Neck Radiologist and Dr. Al-Okati, Consultant Pathologist, who will undertake the cytology (examination of cells) and diagnosis of head and neck lumps.
Patients coming to the Spire Roding One-Stop Head and Neck Clinic can expect:
- Prompt examination by our Head and Neck Consultant Surgeon
- Diagnosis within 1 hour (may include high-resolution ultrasound by radiographer, needle/core biopsy, aspiration and microscope examination by cytologist)
- Personalised treatment plan, if further treatment is necessary
- Highest quality treatment and care in our clean and comfortable private hospital environment
The clinic will be able to diagnose a wide range of head and neck lumps and bumps, including:
- lipomas (benign tumour composed of fatty tissue)
- lymph nodes
- thyroid and salivary gland masses
- head and neck cancers
For more information about the one-stop head and neck clinic call 020 8709 7817 or complete our online enquiry form.
The information below gives more details about what signs and symptoms would be investigated at our Head and Neck Clinic, and the conditions these symptoms can relate to.