Dr Gupta has been Consultant Cardiologist at Whipps Cross and St Bartholomew’s Hospitals, London, UK since 1999. He completed his undergraduate medical degree at St.George’s Hospital Medical School, London in 1988, and his clinical training in Cardiology has included posts at St. Bartholomew’s, King’s College and St. George’s Hospitals, London.
Dr Gupta has been involved in the research area of ‘inflammation and heart disease’ and was awarded a British Heart Foundation (BHF) research fellowship. He is also the author of text books, numerous published papers, editorials and several book chapters. Dr Gupta has also delivered over 220 invited guest lectures in major scientific symposia in over 80 different countries worldwide
He is an active member of the following bodies:
- Trustee for Education for Health, UK
- Member, BHF Prevention and Care Committee
- Member, Heart Disease Advisory Group, DoH
- Associate Clinical Lead NE London Cardiac and Stroke Network
- Chair, Clinical guidelines and Goverance Committee, NE London Cardiac and Stroke Network Committee
- Previous Chair, BHF Strategy Committee on CVD in Ethnic Minorities
- Chair and Trustee, Whipps Cross Medical Education and Research Trust
- Regional Patron, South Asian Health Foundation
Dr Gupta is also involved in several projects with the NHS London/Olympics 2012 Health Legacy.