Mole mapping and skin cancer checks are now available at Spire Regency Hospital in Macclesfield, Cheshire.
Worried about your moles? Have your moles checked at our Mole Mapping clinic
What is a mole?
Moles are blemishes of various sizes and colours that are commonly seen on the body or face. They can be flat or raised and can be a variety of shapes. Although most moles are harmless, it is important to ensure a doctor examines any mole that changes shape, colour or starts to irritate.
Why have a mole checked?
A changing mole can be the first sign that a patient has a malignant melanoma. Early detection remains the most important factor in improving the survival rates of those diagnosed with melanoma.
Our Mole Mapping Clinic is led by expert Consultant Dermatologist Dr Nick Craven and offers the following:
- Dermascopic imaging undertaken by fully qualified & trained medical photographer
- Image review & analysis by Consultant Dermatologist
- Written follow up report sent to your home
- Call back system for re-check in 3-12 months if required
- Prompt referral to Dermatologist or Surgeon if required
Do you have freckles, skin tags, brown spots, bumps, nodules or moles? Do you check them regularly? Have you noticed any change in shape,size or colour?
If you are worried, it's advisable to have your moles checked at our Mole Mapping Clinic.
To find out more or to arrange an appointment, please call 01625 505412 or fill out our online enquiry form