Spire Norwich Hospital has established a Breast Screening Clinic for the 40 - 50 year age group in conjunction with Mr Simon Pain, Consultant Breast Surgeon.
At the initial assessment you will receive:
- a private consultation with an experienced consultant breast surgeon
- a clinical breast examination
- a mammogram
- information about breast cancer risk factors and family history
- genetic risk calculation - details taken about your family history
- advice regarding on-going 'breast awareness'
- a personal plan for on-going screening - at intervals depending on your risk group
Breast cancer is the most common cancer among women in the UK, with more than 40,000 new cases diagnosed each year. Despite the fact that the number of breast cancers are increasing, the positive news is that deaths due to breast cancer are falling sharply. There are several different factors accounting for this fall, including a range of improved treatments. Earlier detection of the cancer is also an important change. Although the risk of breast cancer increases with age, about 1 in 7 cancers are identified in women under the age of 50.
The private breast screening service is open to all, please contact our customer service advisors on 01603 255614 or complete our online enquiry form for further information.