Dr Sharma is a consultant in psychiatry based in the West Midlands.
He specialises in Mental Health Disorders in the elderly although has extensive experience of general adult psychiatry.
Memory Assessment Service with MRI Scan and Prescribing for Dementia
Dr Sharma runs a comprehensive memory assessment service which includes an initial assessment, full investigations including an MRI scan, neuro-psychometric testing where indicated and appropriate psychological counselling for the patient and their family.
Medication is prescribed, where appropriate, for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease and difficult behaviours associated with it (and other dementias) and is monitored with regular follow-up appointments providing full and comprehensive management of complex psychological and behavioural problems associated with dementia.
He also has a special interest in:
- Treatment resistant anxiety and depressive illnesses.
- Assessment for referring for Psychotherapy /counselling and other specialist psychological interventions while overseeing the progress of patients.
- Assessment of Mental Capacity for Court of Protection, Power of Attorney and making Wills
- Assessment of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and providing Medico Legal Reports to the Court.
- Assessment of Alcohol use disorders
Dr Sharma is known for his excellent 'bedside' manners and a professional relaxed approach for which he has received commendations from patients and relatives. He is of Indian origin and has had his Postgraduate specialisation in Psychiatry from UK.