eSWT (Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy) is an exciting new non-invasive procedure at Spire Leicester Hospital for treatment of plantar fasciitis and tendon problems.
About Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (eSWT)
eSWT is carried out in our Out-patients department. No anaesthetic, medication or surgery is required. Once you have been referred by your GP, treatment can start almost immediately after assessment by the consultant.
The sound waves promoted during the treatment stimulate healing for many physical disorders including plantar fasciitis and achilles tendonitis.
The technology has been approved by NICE (National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence), Spire Clinical Governance and the Medical Advisory Committee.
Whats's the advantageof eSWT?
- No anaesthesia
- Non invasive
- No medication
- No surgery
- Fast treatment - 30 minutes per session , 3-4 sessions required
- Fewer complications
- Virtually painless after treatment
- Quick recovery and quick results
How does eSWT work?
- A shockwave is generated in the hand piece
- The shockwave is delivered to the tissue via a compressed air impulse exerted by the hand piece
- The shockwave radiates out, extending to the entire area where pain occurs
- Usually no more than 3-4 sessions are needed
- Per session: approximately 2000 impulses at 2.5 bars and 4000 impulses for trigger point treatment
- No anaesthetic is required
- No surgery or other therapy is required and treatment can usually start straight away
If you have private medical insurance, speak to your insurance company, as many treatments are covered by your medical insurance. If you wish to pay for your treatment we have a fixed price for a package of 3 treatments.
Call Spire Leicester Hospital on 0116 265 3021 for prices.