Early diagnosis and treatment to help provide the reassurance you need.
Do you suffer with any of the following symptoms?
- Abdominal pain, either severe dull and constant or sharp and severe
- Cramping pains
- Pain under the ribcage after eating with or without temperature or jaundice
- Tenderness of the stomach area to the touch
- Bloating and distension and possibly vomiting
- Watery or bloody diarrhoea, with or without vomiting
- Pain on the side of the back, with or without urinary problems
- Pain with heavy periods, vaginal discharge or bleeding after menopause
- Severe lower abdominal pain in the centre or either side of the pelvis
What our clinic will offer you
Our clinic is a one stop service based in our modern clean hospital environment which offers patients the reassurance of a detailed ultrasound examination of the abdomen and/or pelvis undertaken by an experienced consultant radiologist.
Ultrasound is used as a first line investigation for a large variety of abdominal symptoms because of its versatility and non-invasive nature. Ultrasound is used to help diagnose conditions such as:
- Abdominal pain or distension from ulcer or bowel diseases including diverticulitis or bowel tumour masses
- Abnormal liver function
- Enlarged abdominal organs or unusual lumps
- Stones in the gall bladder or kidney
- Aortic Aneurism
- Acute appendicitis, pelvic abscesses or ovarian cysts
Our One Stop Abdominal Pain Clinic provides:
- An initial consultation with a specialist consultant radiologist where a full medical history will be taken along with details of the type, frequency and location of any pain
- A thorough, focused ultrasound examination based on the medical history and presenting symptoms and a full ultrasound report
- An immediate follow-on appointment or same day referral and an appointment the following day with the appropriate consultant surgeon if clinically required
How much will it cost?
The cost for consultation/s and ultrasound examination will be £345.00
How do I arrange an appointment at the One Stop Abdominal Pain Clinic?
To assist us in arranging your appointment please obtain a GP referral letter and then simply call us on 0116 265 3012 and request an appointment in our One Stop Abdominal pain Clinic or complete the form on the right-hand side of this page.