Miss Akbar is a Consultant Gynaecologist, Obstetrician and Subspecialist in Reproductive Medicine / Assisted Conception.
Miss Akbar takes great pride in providing a focused and holistic care to her patients in a comfortable and professional environment. She aims to provide patient tailored treatments and care according to their needs and always involves patients in the decision making process whilst at the same time respecting their dignity.
Miss Akbar trained in London, in a number of London teaching hospitals, including Guys and St Thomas, St Georges, King’s College, Barts and the London Hospital. During her training she also attended the London South Bank University as a part-time student and completed a MSc in ultrasound scanning.
Miss Akbar started as a consultant in assisted conception / obstetrics and gynaecology at King’s College Hospital London and subsequently moved to the Luton and Dunstable Hospital, where she is now based.
Miss Akbar is very involved in teaching and training. She is a Royal College tutor and preceptor for the subfertility and reproductive endocrinology, advanced training module at Luton & Dunstable Hospital.
• Full range of fertility services including diagnostic workup eg, ovulation induction, and various other fertility treatments before IUI / IVF / ICSI.
• Donor insemination, Interest and experience in provision of fertility services to same sex couples
• couples- IUI, IVF, ICSI.
Comprehensive treatment for male factor subfertility.
Comprehensive medical and surgical treatments for PCOS and endometriosis.
Fibroid surgery (myomectomy), with special techniques for blood less surgery.
Hysteroscopic and laparoscopic surgery for Infertility.
Ultrasound scanning, performing both gynaecology and pregnancy scans.
• Surgical and medical treatment for heavy periods and pelvic pain.
• Preconceptional advice and assistance for women with recurrent early pregnancy loss.
• Antenatal care up to 36 weeks / pregnancy with diabetes.
• Management of sexual problems and adolescent gynaecological problems.