The physiotherapy department at Spire Fylde Coast Hospital is staffed by Senior Chartered Physiotherapists with a wealth of experience and expertise to offer to patients in the Blackpool, Fylde, Wyre and North Lancashire area. The services the physio department include are for sports injuries, neck and back pain, arthritis and joint pain and neurological rehabilitation.
Our patients benefit from:
- No waiting list
- Self referral
- Direct access
- No referral letter required
At Spire Healthcare hospitals our physiotherapy patients have their musculo-skeletal conditions treated using the latest physio techniques and equipment. Our physiotherapists utilise up to date research to ensure best clinical practice and work in close liaison with consultants and GPs. This ensures that patients receive a highly focused course of treatment to suit their individual needs.
We aim to provide the best treatment and advice in order to help return you to normal fitness as soon as possible. The earlier you request an assessment for an injury or musculo-skeletal problem and receive appropriate treatment, the faster we will be able to help you resume your daily activities and sports.
Do I require a referral letter from my GP?
- For self-funding patients no referral letter is necessary
- Insured Patients do require a referral letter to be provided by your GP or consultant prior to your appointment being made
What happens at a physiotherapy appointment?
- A detailed history will be taken, followed by a thorough assessment of your condition
- You will receive expert advice and treatment and we will provide you with a personal recovery programme tailored to your needs
- With your permission our physiotherapists will liaise with your GP and provide a detailed discharge summary at the end of your treatment
- Our physiotherapists can also refer you to a consultant who can arrange diagnostic tests if necessary including X-ray, CT and MRI scanning.
To make a physiotherapy appointment simply call your local Spire hospital or complete the form on the right-hand side of this page.