Visa medicals for Australian citizens from Spire Healthcare
Spire Healthcare is approved by the Australian Government’s Department of Immigration and Citizenship to provide visa medical and radiological (X-ray) examinations for people planning to visit or live in Australia.
This visa health assessment service is currently offered by our approved panel doctors at Spire Cardiff Hospital, Spire Shawfair Park Hospital in Edinburgh, Spire Hartswood Hospital in Essex, Spire Manchester Hospital and Spire Little Aston Hospital in Birmingham.
Visa medicals, X-rays and blood tests can all be arranged and performed at the same appointment.
All our centres are eMedical clinics which means we can process your health examination online. This simple format means that your Australian Visa Medical examination results are processed electronically, providing a quicker Visa turn-around than traditionally-handled paper copies.
For more information from the Australian government on health examinations for visa applicants, click here.
How do I make an appointment for an Australian visa health examination?
Appointments with our panel doctors for medicals and X-rays can be made by telephoning your nearest Spire Healthcare Hospital (Edinburgh Shawfair Park, Cardiff, Hartswood Essex, Manchester or Little Aston Birmingham).
When calling, please have the following details ready:
- Your client identifier, known as a HAP ID or Health Request. These identifiers allow us to access your case in eMedical.
- GP Details for each of the attendees.
- Next of kin details for each of the attendees (for Spire registration purposes)
Before you come to your Medical
Please complete the following by accessing your eMedical case online using your HAP ID.
- Your medical history
- Consent to using eMedical
- Answer any additional questions that are listed
- Download and print your referral letter
If you have not yet lodged your visa application, you can use My Health Declaration to complete your medical history online.
What to bring to the examination:
- A valid passport - without this we are unable to proceed with the medical
- A ‘Health Examination Referral Letter’
- Any prescription glasses or contact lenses that you may wear
- Where you have a known medical condition, any existing specialist reports
- Previous chest X-rays (if applicable)
Important notes regarding your appointment - please read
- We advise that you thoroughly check the medical requirements of your visa application. We are unable to act in an advisory capacity.
- As part of the health examination a blood test may be carried out.
- A urine sample may also be required, so you should drink plenty of water in advance of your appointment.
- Women should avoid booking an appointment during menstruation as this may taint the sample.
- Additional blood or urine tests may be required, depending on your intended activities in Australian or if abnormal findings are detected during the examination. These tests will incur an extra fee.
- A cancellation fee of £75 will apply if an appointment is cancelled within 3 working days. If you cancel your appointment on the day or you fail to attend, you will incur the full cost of the medical.