Mole screening and skin cancer checks are available at Spire Dunedin Hospital.
Skin cancer is the most common cancer in the UK, with more than 72,000 cases reported each year and is responsible for more than 2,300 deaths every year in the UK. It is mostly developed as a result of over exposure to ultraviolet light, from sunlight or sun-beds, irrespective of skin type.
- Do you have any freckles, skin tags, brown spots, nodules or moles?
- Do you check them regularly?
- Have you noticed any change in shape, size or colour or developed any new ones?
The key to fighting skin cancer is early detection. If you're worried, put your mind at rest by having a mole check at the Spire Dunedin Hospital Mole Screening Clinic.
What our mole screening clinic offers
- Up to an hour with a skin cancer screening specialist including a full visual check of all skin lesions
- Expert advice on skin care and sun awareness
- Dermoscopic imaging of lesions that require further assessment
- Written follow-up report with recommendations sent to your home address
- Call back system for re-check
- Prompt referral to dermatologist or surgeon if required
Visit the Dermatology at Dunedin website for full details on our dermatology services and specialists.
How much does it cost?
The initial private mole screen assessment and report costs £95.
If dermoscopic imaging is required, the total inclusive cost is as follows:
|Up to 10 images
|Up to 30 images
|Up to 50 images
|Up to 125 images
|Follow-up – 15 minutes
|Follow-up – 30 minutes
|Follow-up – 45 minutes
|Follow-up – 60 minutes