The Headache and Migraine Clinic offers diagnosis, support and treatment for headache sufferers. The service is led by our neurologists in collaboration with pain management consultants.
The service includes:
- consultant-led care
- thorough assessment and individualised treatment
- rapid access to scanning facilities
- private consultation rooms and personalised care
- no waiting lists
- multi-disciplinary team approach
Your first step is to visit the Headache and Migraine Clinic for a consultation conducted by a consultant neurologist.
The categorisation of your headache is critical to establishing what further treatment may be required.
- Primary headache – benign and not related to another condition
- Secondary headache – the result of another condition.
Although the cause of headaches may require investigation by a consultant neurologist, it is important to remember that the most common headache by far is of a primary nature and, therefore, not a serious threat to your health. Early intervention can help to reassure patients whilst alerting your consultant to any serious underlying cause.
Visit the Headache and Migraine Clinic website for full details