Meniscal Transplant Surgery
Spire Cheshire is pleased to introduce another innovative minimally invasive orthopaedic knee procedure - Meniscal Transplant (Meniscal substituting) Surgery, performed by our Knee Surgeon, Mr Fahad Attar.
If you have had a previous meniscal (Cartilage) tear and have had part of your meniscus removed and now have on going pain in the knee, you may be suitable to have a meniscal transplant .
- To replace the lost meniscus (knee cartilage)
- Through minimally invasive arthroscopic (key hole) surgery
- To improve pain and function
- To potentially delay the onset of arthritis
- To potentially delay the need for any joint replacement surgery
- Using a biological and completely absorbable implant or an allograft (whichever is most suitable in your case)
For further information on meniscal transplant surgery please click here or call 01925 215029 or complete the enquiry form on the right hand side of this page.