The World of Warrington sport gathered at The Halliwell Jones Stadium on Friday 29 October to celebrate the Warrington Sports Personality Awards 2010 which were sponsored by Spire Cheshire Hospital
Now in its 17th year, the event, organised by Warrington Guardian and the Warrington Borough Council Arts and Sports Engagement Team (ASET) honoured clubs, teams and individuals who have made their mark on the sporting scene.
Spire Cheshire Hospital were proud to sponsor this event and we would like to thank Mr Mike McNicholas, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Mr Rob Smith, Consultant Orthopaedic Consultant, Mr Ian Shackleford, Consultant Spinal Surgeon and Dr Mark Caplan, Consultant Radiologist who all helped in making these awards such a success.
The Warrington Sports Personality of the year was won by Abigayle Fitzpatrick, who now has her heart set on Olympic Games success.
Other award winners were:
- Warrington Young Sports Personality 2010 - Courtney Dean
- Warrington Sports Personality Wolves Player of 2010 - Ben Westwood
- Warrington Sports Personality Disabled Achiever of 2010 - Adrian Derbyshire
- Warrington Sports Personality Unsung Hero of 2010 - Sue Barlow
- Warrington Sports Personality Team of 2010 - Appleton Tigers women's cricket team
- Warrington Sports Personality Young Volunteer of 2010 - Brad Patzer
- Warrington Sports Personality Volunteer of 2010 - Mark Simmons
- Warrington Sports Personality Coach of 2010 - Christopher Ball
- Warrington Sports Personality Club of 2010 - Phoenix Fire Amateur Boxing Club
Click here to read the story in the Warrington Guardian