13 September 2017
Spire Sussex Hospital are now offering an innovative new treatment for an enlarged prostate, called UroLift System. The UroLift system is a minimally invasive treatment offering men rapid relief to the common symptoms associated with Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), also known as enlarged prostate.
BPH is a non-cancerous growth of the prostate, which causes it to enlarge and press on the urethra. This can create problems such as:
- The frequent need to go to the toilet
- An urgent feeling of needing to urinate
- Delay or difficulty on starting urination
- Feeling that you can’t completely empty your bladder
- A stream that starts and stops and is weak.
For some men, the symptoms will be mild. But for others the symptoms can have a seriously detrimental effect on their lives.
The UroLift System procedure is very quick, usually taking less than 30 minutes under a light general anaesthetic. Patients are able to go home the same day.
What are the benefits?
- No overnight stay required
- The procedure is minimally invasive
- General anaesthetic is not required
- Preservation of sexual function
- Patients can return to normal daily activities soon after treatment
- Patients experience rapid symptom relief
To find out more about the procedure or how to book an appointment, please contact our Self-Pay Advisor on 01424 757455.