16 June 2017
We have appointment times available throughout the year.
Some of the principal treatments carried out by Mr Wajid Ali Raza at Spire include:
• Acute and chronic spinal cord injury related secondary complications
• Botulinum toxin injection for focal/local rigidity using EMG
• Erectile dysfunction and fertility – Assisted ejaculation
• Implantation of Intrathecal Baclofen pumps for regional spasticity
• Lower Back pain
• Musculoskeletal problems - Trigger point and joint injections. Pajunk treatment for localised pain
• Neuropathic Bladder and Bowel
• Traumatic and non-traumatic Spinal Cord Injury
I have been trained at the Midlands Centre of Spinal Cord Injuries, Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt hospital in Oswestry. Currently, I am working as a consultant in spinal injuries at the Yorkshire Regional Spinal Cord Injuries Centre PGHl, Wakefield since 2008. I graduated in 1988 and have experience in General Surgery, Neurosurgery and Spinal cord injuries.
I have wide experience in the management of traumatic and non traumatic acute spinal cord injury patients. My major interest is in managing complications arising from chronic spinal cord injury such as Autonomic dysreflexia, focal and regional spasticity, neuropathic pain, sexual dysfunction neuropathic bladder/bowel and pressure sores.
For the management of focal spasticity I inject Botulinum toxin A using EMG Machine. My patient’s feedback and an Audit have shown immediate relief from discomfort with increase functional capacity and improved body posture.
I have been successfully implanting intrathecal drug delivery system to administer Baclofen and morphine to control regional spasticity and resistant neuropathic pain in the patients following spinal cord injury, Multiple Sclerosis, Head Injury, Cerebral palsy and stroke.
|Telephone||For appointments at Spire Elland 01422 324041 or 324020|
British Association of Spinal Cord Injury Specialists (BACIS)
International Spinal cord Society (ISCoS)
Royal College of Physician and Surgeons of Glasgow
Consultant in Spinal Cord Injuries, Mid Yorkshire NHS Trust and Yorkshire Regional Spinal Cord Injury
Honorary Senior Lecturer, Leeds University