22 February 2018
Date: 22 February 2018
Time: 12.30pm - 2pm
Consultant: Mr Jonathan Cowie
This free patient information event is for anyone who is considering further treatment or exploration about knee or hip joint pain. We will be joined by Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Mr Jonathan Cowie who will present on joint pain; its causes, routes to diagnosis and treatment solutions. Conservative and surgical treatment options will be discussed.
We're also delighted to bring you a new robot-assisted surgical solution (MAKO) which is now available at Spire Murrayfield Hospital. We are the only private hospital in Scotland to offer robot-assisted surgery, and the procedure has a proven track record in faster recovery, less post operative pain and less risk of infection.
The talks will last for 40 minutes followed by ample opportunity to ask questions. We will also be joined by Senior Physiotherapist Kate Purcell who will be able to discuss non surgical methods of pain relief.
After the event, the customer services team will be available to book consultations if requested, however, there is no obligation to book an appointment or proceed with treatment at the hospital.
Is this event for me?
If your answer to any one of the questions below is yes, then this event is for you.
- Do you suffer from knee joint pain and are you considering further exploration into its causes?
- Have you had exploratory investigations carried out and require further treatment to ease your symptoms?
- Are you looking for conservative methods to reduce pain or discomfort of joint pain?
- Are you considering having a knee joint replacement and would like more information about the procedures available?
- Have you heard about MAKO robot-assisted surgery and would like to know more about the benefits of this procedure?
- Have you made the decision to have surgery privately and are considering your options of location and consultant?
How do I book?
Follow the link to register: https://orthopaedicsspire.eventbrite.co.uk