About Mr Bhanot
Mr Bhanot has had an established NHS consultancy and private practice in the Essex and East London region since 1995. He has vast experience in endoscopic, open and laparoscopic urologcial surgery, which is matched by few surgeons in UK. Among his major achievements has been to introduce - and popularise - the extra peritoneal method of laparoscopic radical prostatectomy to the UK, which was peer reviewed by the British Association of Urological Surgeons (BAUS), Section of Endo-Urology.
“I offer care that respects and responds to individual patient preferences, needs, and values; the values of my patients guide all of my clinical decisions”
Mr Shiv Bhanot
Another of Mr Bhanot's acheivements as a Urologist has been to introduce and improve other surgical techniques, including those for urinary incontinence for both men and women.
Spire Roding has always supported Mr Bhanot’s pioneering keyhole surgical work for prostate and kidney cancer, and over 400 patients have been successfully treated by him at the private hospital in Essex
Visit Mr Bhanot's profile at Spire Roding Hosptial to read more about his expertise.
Laparoscopic surgery including robotic assisted surgery, laparo-endoscopic single-site surgery (LESS) and single port surgery, accelerated recovery pathways for patients and the biology of prostate cancer.
Current memberships of professional bodies and affiliations
- General Medical Council, Specialist Register British Medical Association
- British Association of Urological Surgeons ( BAUS )
- BAUS Section of Oncology (Founder Member)
- BAUS Section of Female Urology (Founder Member)
- BAUS Section of Endo-Urology
- Institute of Urology, London ( Honorary Lecturer and Examiner since 1999 )
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow (Fellow since 1987)
- Royal College of Surgeons of England (Faculty for Core Skills in Laparoscopic Surgery)
- European Association of Urology, (EAU)
- University of Leipzig Germany (Advanced Laparoscopic Urology Wet Lab Course Trainer)
- Southern Laparoscopic Urology Group, (SLUG)
- Societe Internationale Urologie (SIU), UK section delegate