Spire Healthcare is a network of 39 hospitals across the UK, dedicated to delivering first class healthcare.
When commissioning services for your patients, you need a hospital provider you can trust to deliver excellent patient care and quality outcomes.
As of 31 December 2013, the Group employed over 6,900 (full time equivalents) people nationwide. Spire employs approximately 11,000 non-unionised employees (including bank staff), equating to 6,944 FTEs, 53% of whom are clinical staff. Spire has extended practising privilages to more than 7,300 consultants and has more than 3,500 consultants with a substantive practice at the Group's hospitals.
Five hospitals have dedicated Intensive Care Units and there are a further 30 well staffed High Dependency Units, allowing us to care for patients with complex post-operative needs. Spire has made a capital investment of over £500m since 2007 (including aquisitions) and introduced state-of-the-art technologies to deliver modern, effective services. We have won awards for the quality of our nursing* and we are focussed on keeping our hospitals clean and free of MRSA and C difficile – our negligible rates (which we publish online) speak for themselves.
We are committed to providing you and your patients with consistent, high quality care and customer service and to monitor and share our results. Last year, 9 out of 10 patients rated us ‘very good’ or ‘excellent’. Choosing Spire to care for your patients means:
- Fast and easy access to appointments, diagnostic tests and treatment
- Your choice of expert consultant
- Your patient will have their own private room, with friends and family able to visit when they wish
- Convenient, free, on-site car parking
- A full range of appetising meals prepared by our on-site chefs
* Winner of Laing & Buisson Nursing Practice Award 2009 and 2010, and Winner of Award for ‘Best Healthcare Outcomes’