At Spire Bushey Hospital you can be confident that you will receive a high standard of care, in a clean and relaxing environment. Our consultants, physiotherapists and specialist nursing staff all work together as a team to deliver expert care.
Careful control is essential to minimise the risk of infection and at Spire Bushey Hospital we have a range of policies and procedures in place to support infection prevention and control.
- We employ our own team of housekeepers to help ensure all areas of the hospital are cleaned to a high standard and staff take pride in their responsibility for the cleanliness of the hospital
- We screen all orthopaedic surgery patients prior to admission for MRSA
- All our staff receive regular training in exceptional hand hygiene and we audit hand hygiene on a regular basis
- Entrances to every department and all patient rooms have alcohol foam for visitors and staff to use to help ensure hand hygiene standards are maintained
- We have an Infection Control Sister, supported by a consultant microbiologist, who checks that staff adhere to policies and procedures for the prevention and control of infection
- Our operating theatres are equipped with laminar flow, an air filter system which reduces the risk of infection during surgery.