Spire Wellesley Hospital, Southend, is pleased to offer anti-wrinkle cosmetic treatments by injection to patients across Essex and the South East.
"Many of our patients are either returning for more treatment or have been recommended to us by friends or family"
Claire Kent - Specialist Cosmetic Nurse
What is anti-wrinkle treatment by injection?
As we get older, our faces are likely to show the effects of time. Whether it is from simply laughing and frowning, or smoking and sun damage, our faces are prone to showing fine lines and wrinkles. Anti-wrinkle treatments from Spire Wellesley Hospital aim to smooth out these facial wrinkles; helping to turn back the clock a few years.
Benefits of anti-wrinkle injections
Anti-wrinkle treatment is a popular choice for those who want to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
The benefits of having anti-wrinkle treatment are likely to differ between individuals, but may include:
- Reducing down the visible effects of ageing
- Feeling as though you look younger, or closer to your actual age
- An overall improved appearance
- Greater self-esteem and self-confidence
What types of anti-wrinkle injection exist?
There are a number of different types of treatment for reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Common procedures include muscle relaxants and dermal fillers.
- Muscle Relaxants – Muscle relaxing injections use the botulinum toxin, (such as Botox®), to block the nerve impulses that cause muscle contraction. They are a popular temporary non-surgical anti-wrinkle treatment. Relaxants work by blocking the nerve impulses that cause muscle contraction, leading to smoother looking skin.
- Dermal Fillers – Fillers (such as Juvéderm® and Restalyne®) are used to plump out wrinkles and laughter lines in the face. This is a non-surgical treatment frequently used for smile lines.
Muscle relaxants generally take effect over a week or two and last three to four months, whilst dermal fillers can last for up to a year.
After the anti-wrinkle injections
As anti-wrinkle treatment by injection is a non-surgical treatment, there is virtually no recovery time after treatment, meaning you can normally fit in your injections with your day-to-day activities.
Are anti-wrinkle injections available on the NHS?
The NHS will only consider cosmetic treatment in specific circumstances, and generally this only applies to surgery. Therefore, anti-wrinkle treatment by injection will normally only be administered from a private hospital or clinic, such as Spire Wellesley Hospital.
Anti-wrinkle treatment from Spire Cosmetic Surgery
At Spire Wellesley Hospital our experienced consultant will guide you through every step of the way. We want you to feel in control and ultimately make the decision that is right for you. Throughout the process you will discuss the look and feel that you want to achieve and the results you can realistically expect from your treatment, as well as the associated risks and alternatives to anti-wrinkle treatment injections.
How can I find out more about anti-wrinkle treatment by injection?
If you would like to know more about the anti-wrinkle treatments at Spire Wellesley Hospital, simply give us a call on 01702 447 926 and speak to one of our friendly Treatment Advisers, who will be pleased to assist you.