Dr Krishnan Balasubramanian has been working with children since qualified in 1993. Completed his higher specialist training at Evelina's Children Hospital in London and at other teaching hospitals in south east London. Worked for the Childrens Acute Transport Service while training at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children and at St Mary's Hospital in London, retrieving very sick children requiring Paediatric Intensive Care.
Has been working as Consultant Paediatrician at Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells Hospital since 2008. Has special interest in Paediatric Cardiology and Nephrology with close networking with cardiologists at Royal Brompton Hospital, London and nephrologists at the Evelina's Children Hospital in London.
He treats children with the following conditions:
- Cardiac problems: Heart murmur, chest pain, palpitations, family history of heart problems
- Respiratory problems: Asthma, wheeze, chronic cough, sleep apnoea
- Neurological problems: fits, epilepsy, fainting, syncope, headaches, migraines
- Abdominal problems: constipation, recurrent abdominal pains, poor weight gain
- Food allergy/intolerance, other allergies, hayfever, rashes
- Bed wetting, daytime urinary incontinence, recurrent urinary infections etc.