At Spire South Bank Hospital we consider a clean environment to be the foundation upon which we deliver safe and effective clinical care. We are committed to maintaining consistently high standards of cleanliness and take a leading position among healthcare providers by sharing with you our clinical performance figures.
The centre also collects health outcome information. We ask patients to complete a questionnaire about the pain they have experienced and how this limits their daily activities before their surgery. The results are analysed to calculate health improvements after the operation.We use scores such as the Oxford Hip Score, Harris Hip Score, American Foot & Ankle Society Score (AOFAS), to help maintain our quality standards.
Surgical site infections and MRSA
How we minimise the risk of infection
Read how we minimise the risk of infection
- We screen all patients who have major surgery for MRSA infection immediately prior to admission, so we can take appropriate measures.
- We have single rooms to help keep infection rates low.
- We employ a dedicated team of housekeepers to ensure that wards, corridors and surfaces are regularly and thoroughly cleaned.
- Staff receive regular mandatory training in hand hygiene and infection control.
- We use operating theatres with laminar flow, an air filter system, for all orthopaedic operations to minimise the risk of infection in theatre.
- A specialist infection control nurse supports adherence to medical standards for the prevention and control of infection.