Terms and Conditions – December 2014
1. These terms and conditions govern the entire MySpire Southampton scheme and any application for membership of the scheme or participation in it will be treated as acceptance of these terms and conditions. Additional terms and conditions may apply for optional elements of the scheme such as competitions and prize draws. Members participating in optional elements of the scheme will be considered to have accepted the additional terms and conditions.
2. All members of the scheme must be residents of England, Scotland, Wales or the Channel Islands, and aged 18 years or over. Spire Southampton Hospital may refuse an application for any reason.
3. Each member is entitled to one MySpire Southampton account only. Spire Southampton Hospital reserves the right to refuse, merge or close additional accounts at any time.
4. Members must keep MySpire Southampton informed of any changes to their personal or membership details. MySpire Southampton cannot be held responsible for any loss of benefits resulting from details being out of date or inaccurate.
5. The MySpire Southampton card, in whatever form, is not transferable, cannot be copied and can only be used by the member who is named and registered for the card.
6. None of the benefits granted by or in accordance with MySpire Southampton are redeemable for cash, and no alternative benefits are available.
7. Spire Southampton Hospital may decline to issue, withdraw or cancel MySpire Southampton accounts and cards, coupons and vouchers, in whatever form and/or remove a member from the scheme at any time where there is reasonable belief of:
• any breach or attempted breach of these terms and conditions;
• any abuse or attempted abuse of the scheme;
• any behaviour relating to MySpire Southampton that involves theft, misconduct, abusive or offensive behaviour, or supplying false or misleading information.
8. MySpire Southampton card is valid for use in Spire Southampton Hospital, Perform Southampton and at the sports medicine clinic at the Ageas Bowl only.
9. The scheme is only for personal use, MySpire Southampton cards may not be used for any business transaction or purpose.
1. The MySpire Southampton account and card, coupons, and vouchers, in whatever form, are issued by and remain the property of Spire Southampton Hospital which may, at any time, terminate the scheme or alter or amend the conditions of operation of the scheme. The MySpire Southampton account card must be returned to Spire Southampton Hospital on request or destroyed when no longer valid for use.
2. MySpire Southampton cards, coupons and vouchers remain the responsibility of the MySpire Southampton member. Spire Southampton Hospital cannot be held responsible for any loss arising from the member failing to ensure the safe-keeping of these items. MySpire Southampton cards, coupons and vouchers cannot be redeemed for cash, transferred, bought, sold or in any way traded.
3. All coupons or vouchers are accompanied by an expiry date, beyond which they cannot be used or reissued. Coupons or vouchers that are lost or mislaid will not be reissued. Additional terms and conditions may be found on the back of the coupons or vouchers. Members can choose to leave the scheme at any time by contacting us in writing.
4. Items which may be offered as promotional benefits of the scheme shall be subject to availability.
Self-pay day-case and in-patient treatment - 5% discount off fixed price
Each holder of a valid MySpire Southampton card (“Card”) in his or her name (“Cardholders”) shall be entitled to a five percent discount off the fixed price for all self-pay in-patient or day-case treatment (“Discount”) that is booked and carried out at Spire Southampton Hospital, subject to the following terms:
- Cardholders can only claim the Discount for their second episode of treatment onwards. The Cardholder’s first (or previous, if more than one episode of treatment has been received) episode of treatment should not have taken place before 1st January 2013. Cardholders receiving their first treatment at Spire Southampton Hospital (whether they have previously received treatment at another Spire hospital or not) will not be awarded a Discount.
- The Cardholder must advise the secretary when booking the in-patient or day-case treatment that they are a MySpire Southampton card holder. Failure to do so may lead to the Discount becoming unavailable.
- The Cardholder must bring the card to each and every treatment and show the relevant receptionist, checking them in for treatment, the card. Failure to present the Cardholder’s Card to reception staff on each attendance will void the Discount, and the Discount shall become immediately due and payable.
- Fees for self-pay treatment are payable in full in advance (prior to admission). The Discount will be applied to the fee paid in advance of the relevant in-patient or day-case treatment. This Discount is not applicable to initial consultation fees, outpatient diagnostics or any outpatient minor procedure.
- The Discount is not available to patients whose treatment is being funded by an insurance company (including but not limited to the following: Corporate Trust Mgmt Ltd, First Health Services Ltd, Healthcare International, HMCA, HSA Simply Health, IPRS, Intech Solutions, Medical Care Direct, Medicess, Multiplex Health Trust, New Masonic Samaritan Fund, Patient Choice Ltd, Sims Claims Services Ltd, Specialty Group Ltd, Forces Financial).
- The Discount may not be used in conjunction with any other offer relating to Self-Pay Day-case or In-patient Treatment (for the avoidance of doubt, free hot drink, free transport and free flowers may be claimed at any time, subject to the terms and conditions set out herein).
- 7. If you are in any doubt as to whether you are eligible to receive the Discount on your treatment please ask Spire Southampton Hospital for clarification before your treatment is carried out. No Discount will be applied retrospectively.
Free hot drink at Perform Southampton
1. Offer available to all MySpire Southampton members on presentation of a MySpire Southampton card at Perform Southampton.
2. One free hot drink per MySpire Southampton member per day.
3. Only Americano, Cappuccino, Latte, Tea, Mocha and Espresso qualify as a free hot drink.
4. Offer only available at Perform Southampton, Auckland Road, Southampton.
5. Subject to availability.
6. No purchase necessary.
7. Cannot be used in conjunction with other Café or hot drink offers.
Free transport for in-patient and day-case treatment.
1. Offer available to all MySpire Southampton members attending Spire Southampton Hospital for a day-case or in-patient admission. Outpatient appointments are excluded from this offer.
2. Offer provides a courtesy car for patients to be brought from home direct to the Spire Southampton Hospital for their designated admission time and then taken direct to home or their chosen place of stay following their in-patient or day-case admission.
3. This courtesy car is only available within a 50 mile radius of Spire Southampton Hospital.
4. For patients travelling from or returning to the Isle of Wight, the courtesy car only extends to free transport to and from the relevant ferry terminal in Southampton.
5. MySpire Southampton members must advise the secretary or bookings team that they are a MySpire Southampton Cardholder and wish to book a free taxi. MySpire Southampton members cannot reclaim any incurred travel costs after their admission – offer applies only to transport pre-booked and arranged by Spire Southampton Hospital.
6. Free transport for in patient and day case admissions is unlimited but must relate to bookings for in-patient or day-case procedures that have been booked at Spire Southampton Hospital and may not be claimed in any other circumstances.
7. If you are in any doubt as to whether you are eligible to receive free transport please ask Spire Southampton Hospital for clarification.
All in-patients will receive a small bouquet of flowers in their room on arrival for treatment.
10% off physiotherapy at Perform Southampton and Perform Ageas Bowl Sports Medicine Centre
Each holder of a valid MySpire card (“Card”) in his or her name (“Cardholders”) shall be entitled to a ten percent discount off all self-pay physiotherapy appointments (“Physiotherapy Discount”). The Cardholder will also be eligible for 10% off pay as you go gym membership at Perform Southampton (“Gym Discount”). The Physiotherapy Discount and the Gym Discount are subject to the following terms:
- The Cardholder must advise the administrator at either Perform Southampton or Perform Ageas Bowl when booking the physiotherapy assessment that they are a MySpire Southampton card holder. No Physiotherapy Discount or Gym Discount will be available where the Cardholder has failed to present or mention (as relevant) his or her Card at the booking stage.
- The Cardholder must bring the Card to each and every treatment and show the relevant receptionist checking them in for treatment. Failure to do so will void the relevant Discount, and the claimed Discount amount shall become immediately due and payable.
- The Physiotherapy Discount may not be used in conjunction with any other offer relating to treatment at Perform Southampton and Perform Ageas Bowl Sports Medicine Centre.
- The Gym Discount may not be used in conjunction with any other offer relating to gym membership at Perform Southampton.
Privacy and data protection
1. By participating in MySpire Southampton, Spire Southampton Hospital will collect and use information about each member, including their registration details, information about the use of MySpire Southampton, attendance at Spire Southampton Hospital and other information that the member gives Spire.
2. Spire Southampton Hospital may analyse the member’s information to see how they use the Spire Southampton Hospital, MySpire Southampton scheme and to send the member information, offers and promotions for the services which are most likely to interest them.
3. By being a MySpire Southampton member and providing your details, you agree that Spire Healthcare Limited can contact you with news about services. Spire Healthcare will never release a member’s personal details to any company outside Spire Healthcare for them to use for their own mailing or marketing purposes
4. If you do not wish us to contact you with information about the services Spire Healthcare provides, you can write to us at Spire Southampton Hospital, Chalybeate Close, Southampton, Hampshire SO16 6UY. Please note that refusal of consent may mean that certain services and benefits of MySpire Southampton membership may no-longer be available to you.
5. You may request a copy of the information we hold in relation to you by writing to us at Spire Southampton Hospital, Chalybeate Close, Southampton, Hampshire SO16 6UY and enclosing a stamped addressed envelope.
1. The promoter of MySpire Southampton is Spire Healthcare Limited, 3 Dorset Rise, London, EC4Y 8EN.
2. These terms and conditions are correct as at December 2014 and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England, and any disputes will be decided only by the English courts in accordance with English law. Spire Healthcare reserves the right to change these terms and conditions, at any time, on reasonable notice for legal, regulatory, business or policy reasons. Members who continue to participate in the scheme following notification of such a change will be considered to have accepted the updated terms and conditions.
3. A person who is not a party to these terms and conditions shall have no right under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these terms and conditions, but this shall not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.