Spire Roding Hospital in Essex and East London Border offers a new clinic for the rapid diagnosis, scanning and treatment initiation for rheumatic disorders. Most patients will be able to obtain a diagnosis and initiate their treatment in a single visit, with follow-up visits arranged if necessary.
Rapid diagnosis and targeted therapy for a wide range of rheumatic disorders affecting many different parts of the body
Our clinic is led by Dr D Pyne, MBBS (Hons), MA, FRCP, who is Lead Consultant Rheumatologist at Barts and The Royal London NHS Trust. The multi-disciplinary clinic team includes a Consultant Musculoskeletal Radiologist, Cognitive Behavioural Therapist, Specialist Musculoskeletal Physiotherapists and Hydrotherapists.
Common conditions diagnosed and treated at Arthritis Clinic include:
- Hand – carpal tunnel, trigger finger, tenosynovitis
- Elbow – tennis and golfers elbow, olecranon bursitis
- Shoulder – frozen shoulder, rotator cuff disorders
- Hip - trochanteric bursitis
- Knee – bursitis, tendonitis
- Neck pain
- Back pain
- Heel and foot pain – plantar fasciitis, achilles tendonitis
- Muscular pain
- Chronic Pain Syndromes (Fibromyalgia)
- Soft tissue injuries
- Repetitive strain (RSI)
Patients will be treated using an appropriate combination of:
- Exercise programmes
- Manipulation and Mobilisation
- Taping and Splinting
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
We welcome privately insured and self-funding patients.
The Arthritis clinic is open every Monday evening from 5pm at Spire Roding Hospital, except the second week of the month. It is also open on alternate Wednesday evenings.