Mr Rohatgi is a trained general surgeon. His special interests are upper gastrointestinal benign and cancer surgery, biliary pathology and gastro-oesphageal reflux disease.
Mr Rohatgi completed his general surgery training and upper gastrointestinal fellowship in the South Thames, London Region. During his training, he worked at the Royal Marsden and St Thomas’ Hospital, which are 2 major oesophagogastric cancer units in the South East of England.
Specific surgeries that Mr Rohatgi undertakes include:
- cancer surgery of the oesophagus and stomach
- laparoscopic fundoplications
- redo fundoplications
- hiatal hernia operations
- common bile duct explorations
- common general surgical procedure such as hernias and excision of lumps
- emergency surgery for all general surgical and specific upper gastrointestinal problems
Mr Rohatgi has an avid interest in clinical research with over 25 publications to his name and numerous international and national presentations.