Spire Roding Hospital is now a registered Resuscitation Council UK (RC-UK) Advanced Life Support (ALS) Training Centre running 3 courses a year
The Course is open to Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics, ODPs and other Health Care Professionals
The RC-UK ALS course is a standardised national course teaching evidence-based resuscitation guidelines and skills to healthcare professionals in the United Kingdom.
The ALS course teaches the knowledge and skills required to:
- Recognise and treat the deteriorating patient using a structured ABCDE approach
- Treat cardiac and/or respiratory arrest, including starting CPR, manual defibrillation, life threatening arrhythmias, and post resuscitation care
- Care for the deteriorating patient or patient in cardiac and/or respiratory arrest in special circumstances such as Anaphylaxis, Hypovolemia and Pregnancy
- Lead a team, work as a team member, and use structured communication skills including giving an effective handover.
The course is open to Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics, ODPs and other Health Care Professionals.
All applicants must hold a current clinical appointment and professional healthcare qualification or be in training for a professional healthcare qualification.
The dates for 2013 are:
- Saturday 2 and Sunday 3 March 2013
- Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 June 2013
- Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 October 2013
The course costs £480 (£400 + VAT). This includes registration, manuals and refreshments/lunch on both days.
For queries relating to the ALS Courses at Spire Roding Hospital or to book a place please contact Adam Busby (Course Director) on 07787 447 538 or email email@example.com