Mr Mahmud's research interests include knee ligament reconstruction and outcomes following joint replacement surgery, which he has presented at national and international conferences. Mr Mahmud has published numerous articles in renowned Orthopaedic journals and has authored chapters in Orthopaedic textbooks.
As well as being a sports knee surgeon, Mr Mahmud is a keen cyclist and has raised thousands of pounds for charity through some of his cycling expeditions.
Mr Mahmud is married and enjoys spending time with family and friends.
1. T Mahmud, MC Lyons, DD Naudie, RB Bourne, SJ MacDonald, RW McCalden. Assessing the gold standard: a review of 253 Two-stage Revisions for Infected total knee arthroplasty. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research. 2012 Oct;470(10):2730-6.
2. T Mahmud, DD Naudie. Partial Hip Resurfacing for an Osteochondral Defect of the Femoral Head. A case report.
Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery (Am). 2012 Apr;2(2);e14 1-6.
3. S Gupta, T Mahmud, A Davy, A Mitchell, AM Williams. Isolated Ischaemic Contracture of Medial Head of Gastrocnemius. Knee Surgery, Sports, Traumatology, Arthroscopy. 2011 Dec 29 (Epub ahead of print)
4. T Mahmud, AM Williams. A Technique for Bone Grafting Tibial and Femoral Tunnels in Revision Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction.
Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England. 2011 Mar;93(2),173.
5. A Narvani, T Mahmud, J Lavelle, AM Williams. Injury to the proximal deep medial collateral ligament: A Problematical Subgroup Of Injuries.
Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery (Br). 2010 Jul; 92(7):949-953.
6. B Akinola, T Mahmud, N deRoeck. Fracture of an Exeter stem- A case report.
The Internet Journal of Orthopedic Surgery. 2010 Vol 16(1).
7. T Mahmud. Bilateral Acute Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Following Combined Pancreas and Kidney Transplant- A Case Report and Review of The Literature.
Scandinavian Journal Of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Hand Surgery. 2009;43(3):Volume 43 (3):174-6.
8. T Mahmud, PHP Dyson, D Basu. Clinical Presentation of Crystal Arthropathy of the Lumbar Spine: A Series of Six Cases and a Review of the Literature.
Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery (Br). 2005 Apr;87(4):513-17.
9. T Mahmud, M Arastu, H Ellis. The Distribution of Fluid Within the Intra-peritoneal Cavity: A Cadaveric Study.
Clinical Anatomy. 2005 Sep;18(6):443-5.
10. M Jones, T Mahmud, AA Narvani, I Hamid, AM Williams. Epidemiology, Management and Outcomes of the Multiple Ligament Injured Knee.
Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery (Br). (Article currently being reviewed)
11. T Mahmud, M Crocker, H Ellis. The Functional Anatomy of the Gastro-Oesophageal Junction.
Clinical Anatomy. Volume 17, Issue 3, Page 280 (2004)
12. T Mahmud, M Arastu, H Ellis. The Distribution of Fluid Within the Intra-peritoneal Cavity: A Cadaveric Study.
Clinical Anatomy. Volume 17, Issue 3, Page 281 (2004)