Spire Regency Hospital Cheshire, is able to offer expert treatment for hernias from our experienced consultant surgeons.
Our surgeons will give you a thorough assessment
Our hernia service gives patients the option of laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery using the most up-to-date procedures to allow greater precision in the repair of groin, umbilical and post-surgical hernias in a modern, clean hospital environment.
We are also now able to offer surgery for sports hernias, read more about treatment for sports hernias here.
The Benefits of Laparoscopic Surgery:
- Quicker procedure, minimising the time under general anaesthetic
- Majority performed as day cases, reducing disruption to the patient and time spent in hospital
- Less pain in the days following surgery, hence
- Less time off work and quicker return to normal activities
- Less likelihood of groin numbness and/or long term pain
- Smaller, less painful scars
In addition, dissolvable sutures are used and there is no need for dressings, allowing patients to wash and bathe immediately after surgery.
The National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE) recommend laparoscopic surgery for hernia by well trained surgeons. The majority can be repaired this way, or under local anaesthetic, to reduce the risks of general anaesthetic.
For further information or to arrange an initial consultation, call our customer services team on 01625 505412/406
Spire Regency Hospital in Macclesfield have the following laparoscopic hernia surgeons