Quality assurance is an ongoing process at Spire Portsmouth Hospital. Regular audits and surveillance are carried out to help ensure we maintain good practice. This is reflected in the recognition we have received from regulatory bodies such as the Care Quality Commission.
We have had no reported cases of hospital acquired MRSA Bacteraemia or C. Difficile at Spire Portsmouth Hospital since we opened in 1984
Key factors in maintaining our high standards include:
- Appropriate use of antibiotics.
- All rooms are single occupancy with en-suite facilities.
- We train all our staff to carry out hand hygiene to the highest standard.
- We screen for MRSA as appropriate prior to admission.
- Environmental cleaning is to the highest standard.
- We have an infection control lead nurse who cares passionately about maintaining high infection control standards ensuring policies and correct procedure is adhered to.
- We have a kitchen with a five star standard in food hygiene.
- Prompting and taking part in the WHO World hand hygiene promoting day (5 May 2015)
We believe patients and their GPs should be able to make informed choices when it comes to something as important as their health.
In 2006 Spire was the first private hospital group to publish clinical performance and health improvement measures together on our website, including information on MRSA bacteraemia infection and Clostridium Difficile infection and we continue to provide this information today.