Canadian visa medicals from Spire Healthcare
Spire Healthcare is approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to provide visa medical and radiological (X-ray) examinations for people planning to live in Canada.
Visa medicals, X-rays and blood tests can all be arranged and performed at the same appointment.
For more information about the medical examination from Citizenship and Immigration Canada, please click here.
How do I make an appointment for a Canadian visa health examination?
This visa health assessment service is currently offered by our approved panel doctors at Spire Shawfair Park Hospital in Edinburgh and Spire Hartswood Hospital in Essex.
Appointments with our Designated Panel Doctors (DMPs) for medicals and X-rays can be made by telephoning our Visa Medical Administrator at your nearest hospital. When calling, please have the following details ready:
- Name, date of birth and contact details for each of the attendees
- eMedical reference number provided by CIC or passport and visa type details if up-front medical
What to bring to the examination:
- A valid passport - without this we are unable to proceed with the medical
- GP details for each of the attendees
- Any prescription glasses or contact lenses that you may wear
- Where you have a known medical condition, any existing specialist reports
- Previous chest X-rays (if applicable)
Important notes regarding your appointment - please read
- We advise that you thoroughly check the medical requirements of your visa application
- We are unable to act in an advisory capacity
- As part of the health examination a blood test may be carried out
- A urine sample may also be required, so you should drink plenty of water in advance of your appointment
- Women should avoid booking an appointment during menstruation as this may taint the sample
- Additional blood or urine tests may be required, if abnormal findings are detected during the examination. These tests will incur an extra fee
- Please be aware that you will be required to undress for the exam
- A cancellation fee of £75 will apply if an appointment is cancelled within three working days. If you cancel your appointment on the day or you fail to attend, you will incur the full cost of the medical