At Spire Norwich Hospital we understand that incontinence is embarrassing and the symptoms can affect your personal life, your confidence and the overall quality of your day-to-day living. Our pelvic floor physiotherapy programme offers high standards of individual care delivered by our highly specialist physiotherapists who will assess and treat your specific needs.
Tailored advice and treatment for a range of incontinence conditions
The centre provides:
- private consultation rooms
- rapid assessment, diagnosis and treatment
- no waiting lists
- treatment for all insured or self-funding
Your first step is to visit our continence service for discreet, professional and understanding care. Your one-to-one consultation aims to ensure you receive tailored advice and treatment to address your specific condition. Our physiotherapists pride themselves on caring for their patients, not just treatment symptoms.
Spire Norwich Hospital offers up-to-date technology and equipment to aid all phases of recovery and rehabilitation for our patients. This includes:
- biofeedback - an assessment of the pelvic floor muscles by palpation (method of feeling with fingers or hands during an external physical examination) or use of vaginal sensors to measure the muscle activity
- electrical muscle stimulation - to stimulate the nerve supply in the pelvic floor promoting strength gain when combined with active exercise
- therapeutic ultrasound - to treat swelling and aid healing post-surgery or after childbirth
- functional training - skills and techniques to improve bladder capacity and control
- gymnasium - to help develop core stability and teach abdominal exercises correctly for additional support and power
- strength training equipment
Conditions treated include:
Assessment and treatment
Our aim is to reduce your pain, help you to manage your symptoms, improve bladder and bowel control and restore your confidence to enable you to resume your recreational pursuits. We are committed to explaining medical matters in straightforward, understandable language, without using technical terms or jargon.
- At your first appointment a detailed medical history will be taken, followed by a thorough assessment of your condition. This enables us to establish your baseline function, from which we can measure your improvement.
- You will receive expert advice and treatment with a personal programme tailored to your needs.
- With your consent, our physiotherapist can also refer you to a consultant and arrange access, when necessary, to our diagnostic facilities including X-ray, CT and MRI scanning.
- Your physiotherapist can liaise with your GP or consultant and provide them with a detailed discharge summary at the end of your treatment.
The Women's and Men's Health Centre is open to all, not just those with private medical insurance. If you are not insured, please contact our physiotherapy department on 01603 255 587 and we will be happy to advise you of the costs of your treatment in advance.
For further information on the Women's and Men's Health Centre at Spire Norwich Hospital, or to make an appointment, please call 01603 255 587 or complete the enquiry form on the right-hand side of this page.